Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Free Large Group Lesson - Jonathan and the Philistines

I've just uploaded a PDF of a large group lesson I wrote about Jonathan and the Philistines from 1 Sam. 14.  I originally wrote it for our summer 2010 family production, Heroes In the House, but I've adapted it so that I think it will work in any context.  All you need is a storyteller, a couple of boxes to stand on and a sword. 


We also ordered glow-in-the-dark bracelets with the phrase "Take the risk.  Be a hero." on it for all the kids.  If you don't want to or can't do that, just hold up a "Take the risk.  Be a hero." sign during that part of the lesson when you have kids repeat the phrase.

Also, the letters CG stands for Computer Graphics.  These are just the graphics we put up with a projector and screen. 

I've now taught this lesson three times and it's worked well for me with each audience.  Enjoy the script and hope you find it helpful. 

Download Script

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog! Looking forward to some great resources and hearing your experiences.

    Lindsey @ GrowingKidsMinistry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - just checked out the Growing Kids
    Ministry site. Good stuff. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete